Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connect 2 tv's to 1 box

Hi guys,

I have a question (I'm so nót-technical 😞) is it possible to connect 2 TV's (1 in the living rooom and 1 in the bedroom) to 1 Virgin Media Box with just a HDMI Splitter? Or do I need more or something else?

Thanks in advance! Laura

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect 2 tv's to 1 box

its possible but hit and miss what works. Remember HDMI is designed for short runs. Long cables 3m+) may not work

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi you will need a second box for it to work properly, and obviously you will have to pay for it.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A splitter should be fine, I use an AV amplifier which basically has a built in splitter and it works fine, run one output to a TV upstairs and one to a projector, so both are 8m+ cables and no problems, even with 4K content. Obviously there is the limitation that both TVs will show the same thing, you can't watch different things in each one.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really?  Only 3m?

"Like many video, audio and data cables, HDMI cords can suffer from signal degradation at longer lengths—50 feet is generally considered the maximum reliable length. And it's rare to see an HDMI cable longer than 25 feet in a store. Even online, cables more than 50 feet long can be hard to find."

pdfbt40
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok it seems to be higher if you use the new spec cables 🙂

Had to do some reading. Seems i'm a bit out of date 🙂

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped