Menu
rn1939
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Compensation criteria

Understand that automatic compensation applies only to Broadband and Phone.  On 29 December 2020. my Tivo box came up with a message - 'serious fault detected. should take 3 hours. If not sorted after 3 hours, contact VM'  Did contact VM only to be told engineer will visit Monday, 4th January 2021. I appreciate the Covid element and the New Year intervening but to lose a service for nigh on 6 days is significant. What do Virgin Media consider reasonable time scale for loss of service?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Compensation criteria

That’s effectively three working days response. Seems reasonable for a residential service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

6 days is not bad for a engineer visit for a residential service.

VM may offer you a discount for the downtime but i don't think the automatic system apples to TV
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're correct to believe that the Ofcom-mandated automatic compensation scheme only applies to broadband & landline outages

Details here 

If you ask VM for loss-of-service credits, you may get a couple of £ back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos