Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Code 7400

How bad is virgin. 

First of all they send me the quick start pack. 

I wasn't even connected at the main junction box , so was never gonna work. In total 3 hours on hold, a complaint that hasn't been answered. 

10 day wait for someone to come fix it. 

The engineer turns up fixes the internet. The cable I was given wasn't enough to reach the front room. So he gives me a 20 meter length of cabe, so I have the TV working but the cable is just running directly from the bedroom through 2 doorways not tac anywhere. So is a trip hazard.... 

Been told I have to wait 3 weeks for someone to come and sort it. 

To top it off he just tells me what to do to set the TV up and leaves. Now I'm getting a code 7400. And only have like 3 channels.... 

Im just shocked at the level of c/s from start to finish.... Apart from taking my order that's was perfect funny that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Code 7400

Hi Kirbinater77,

I'm sorry you are having issues. Error code 7400 means the box hasn't been activated yet.

The engineer shouldn't have left until he was sure everything was set up and working correctly.

Most times this is an easy fix, and VM send a signal to the box to switch it on fully, although sometimes it needs either a new box or another engineer visit.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dave I appreciate your message but I don't have the time to be calling VM. 

I've try to call 3 different times over the last week and had the call drop after being on hold for over a hour each time. 

How bad can one company be at getting a new account up and running. 

I don't work for VM but it seems like I'm doing very possible to get my account up and running. Surely it's the other way round. 

Phoning, email, text conversation. Doing the set up myself.i even made a formal complaint and not heard anything about that. 

But I'm sure on bill day they will collect that all ok. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Kirbinater77,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having and that you haven't been given the support by the engineer that you should have. If you could call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box, this will hopefully resolve the issues that you're having with the 7400 error. This line is an automated service and you won't be put into a lengthy queue to active your box. Please let me know if this clears the issue.

Regarding the engineer visit, i'm in the process of reaching out to the area manager to see if we can bring the date forward and I will come back to you once I have a further update from them.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Kirbinater77,

The manager has got back in touch with me and they have been able to move the appointment date forward.

You can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

If it doesn't show on your account, please let me know and we can confirm the date via private message. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Steve many thanks for helping with my engineer problem yesterday.

But with regard to activating my box.

But I've just been on hold for 30 mins on that number you gave me. 

There was an option to just activate the box. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @Kirbinater77,

Sorry to hear that the option has is not available on that line, all the information we have says that its still there but obviously not. I wouldn't have sent you there if I knew that was the case.

I have been able to get in touch with a colleague, who has been able to activate your box. Please can you let me know if your box has now been activated and you're able to access all of your channels.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Steven thank you very much you have done more than anyone. 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Could I ask you one more favor. 

Could you speak to the billing department if your able to, and if let them no the the problem I've had so I don't get billed for these services I've not be able to use. 

I would greatly appreciate that if that's possible f. 

Once again thank you for your help the last couple of days 🙏

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're very welcome Kirbinater77 and some extra good news, I haven't needed to contact the billing team as I have been able to add credit to your account for the loss of service you've suffered from since your install.

The credit will be applied to your December bill as the bill for this month has already been generated by our system.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Legend🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

0 Kudos