Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Clicking sound coming from TV when watching virgin media TV box.

Hi. I've had a problem with the sound on virgin media boxs since upgrading my TV. The problem is I keep hearing a clicking sound coming from the speakers of my TV when I'm watching TV from the virgin media box. 

• All this started last September when I replaced an old panny plasma TV to a Sammy q80 led TV. At that time I was using a v6 box. This was the first time I noticed the annoying clicking sound. Every 20 to 30 seconds I would hear a click coming from the speakers. This made the TV program horrible to watch. I then returned the TV thinking I had a bad TV. The replacement was the same. I then replaced that with a higher model q90. And that's the same. I've tried replacing all the HDMI cables. I've tried a new v6 box. I've tried downgrading to a Tivo box. And the problem is still there.  All the other HDMI sources are fine, it's just the virgin media TV box I'm having a problem with. It's getting to the stage now, I've stopped watching it as its too annoying to watch the channels I like. Can anyone offer any advise before I remove the TV from my contract. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Clicking sound coming from TV when watching virgin media TV box.

Quick suggestion dId you try searching the forum to see if any other users have posted issues regarding Samsung TVs ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for replying. I see other customers have had issues with their Samsung TV s and the screens going dark for a few seconds, but my problem is just sound. The problem seems worse on some channels than others. I seem to have more problems with SD channels than HD channels..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like V6 box and Samsung TVs might suffer from compatibility issues any chance you have another brand of a Tv other than Samsung or the brand you said you had before you bought your new set to test it on.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes if I put my old panasonic plasma TV back. I can't hear the problem sound anymore. This is a 10 year old TV with not so great speakers. The new Samsung TV s have really good speakers that pick up every sound. I do wonder because the speakers are so good on today's tvs.They really pick up all the sound, good and bad.

I also wondered about compatability issues with Samsung TV and Virgin media box's. I phoned Samsung support and they blame Virgin media. Their support was to do all the things I've already tried. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the issue might cause you to remove VM Tv but as a precaution if you were going to get Sky Tv if you know anyone who already has Sky Tv ask them if it is possible to check by connecting your Tv to there Sky box just in case.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, I won't get sky. To be honest this sound issue has put me off all cable/satellite services. I would stay with Virgin TV if I could get it fixed. But the virgin support line abroad just want to keep sending me different box's. And I've already tried that. I'm happy with the broadband and phone service. So when my contract is up I'm going to remove the TV package as its just to annoying to watch as it is. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As you've changed both your TV and V6 it seems as if there is an incompatibility between the two. I suggest bypassing the TV's speakers by using a soundbar or sound system and you don't have to spend a fortune on it either.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for reply. I do have a sound bar and you can hear the clicking on that  to sadly.  This connects via hdmi also. The strange thing with this sound issue is, it's not there all the time. Sometimes a few days can go past and I won't hear the issue at all, but then the next day it's back.  Also the louder you have the TV, the louder you hear the clicking. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was forgetting the tivo box also has an optical out and my sound bar has an optical in. I haven't tried this. I will test this connection later and see how that works. 

0 Kudos