Menu
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Channel package changing

I currently subscribe to the mix TV package on Virgin Media would it work out cheaper to change it to the mixit TV package as I watch these channels on a regular basis as follows: This does not include the free to air channels which I know you get anyway regardless of what package you sign up to on virgin TV

Sky One

Gold 

Watch

Alibi

Drama

Quest

Food Network 

All Music Channels
Sky Sports News 

Sky Sports Mix

Eurosport 1 And 2

At The Races 

Freesports

All Kids Channels

thanks for your help if anybody can advise 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel package changing

Hi Carlos19731,

You can compare the channels using this list ChannelGuide_23_July_2020.pdf 

If switching to the Mixit pack you would lose the kids channels, but you can add them for an extra £5 per month as a Personal Pick Personal_Picks_July_8_2020 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just downloaded the channel guide, very useful thanks. Noticed a lot of my channels greyed out recently or channel not available, some channels I used to watch are  now not in my package so may have changed such as sky history. I wondered if the Fun package is being phased out but it is still listed on my contract which is monthly.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again ALF28,

The Fun package is no longer available.

Virgin gave customers access to over 50  channels for free at the start of the pandemic. They are probably ones that you got used to watching but are now missing. Sky History used to be called the History channel and was one of the free channels for that period.

The channels that were on a free basis for a short period are listed below in the spoiler

Spoiler

March 31st to April 21st
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too
This television upgrade is available to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.

April 6th to May 2nd
The full line up of extra channels:
Comedy Central
DMAX
Discovery
Fox
Gold
Box Hits
Kerrang
Kiss
Magic
ID
Lifetime
MTV
TCM
TLC
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
Sony SAB
Colors

April 10th to May 9th
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

April 17th to May 16th
The full line up of extra documentary and entertainment channels now available:
Alibi
Animal Planet
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery History
Discovery Science
Discovery Shed
Discovery Turbo
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
H2
History
Home and Health
Love Nature
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the explanation of the removed channels, was nice while the free channels lasted.

I will continue with the fun package as long as virgin allow that, do not want to increase my bill which went up £4 annual rise above the original price.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ALF28 wrote:

thanks for the explanation of the removed channels, was nice while the free channels lasted.

I will continue with the fun package as long as virgin allow that, do not want to increase my bill which went up £4 annual rise above the original price.

That's entirely fair enough - just bear in mind, that over the course of time, new offers/new packages are released and legacy packages/deals slowly become less & less value, more & more expensive compared with newer deals.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks