Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel no longer available from 1st June 2020... gone today

Hi Virgin,

My query related to the Challenge +1 channel that was up to yesterday available on the channel 230.  I understand the channel is unlikely to be missed by most and I hardly used to watch Challenge or Challenge +1 myself but since working from home all the time when lockdown started, it began to be a decent companion alongside me while I worked. 

I saw the notice yesterday about the removal of the +1 channel from the 1st June, I purposefully missed programmes on channel 164 for other work reasons knowing I can still watch what I missed on the +1 later, only to turn over today to see a black screen with 'WE'RE SORRY, THIS CHANNEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE...Challenge +1 closed down in the UK on 1st June'.

1st of June is next Monday!! Please fix or advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel no longer available from 1st June 2020... gone today

If channels cease broadcasting, Virgin can't carry them anymore.

Recordings will usually be available for a short period after.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The channel is still operating on Freesat, although there have been rumours for some time that it would be withdrawn.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I checked at 2.15pm today and the channel was back broadcasting as usual.

Hold on let me check now.... yeah it's still there.

Thanks for the replies. As mentioned, I understood it's going on Monday but it went today with a sign saying it's stopped broadcasting from next Monday. I suspected someone in VM made a slip-up and flipped the switch too soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm. Challenge +1 is closing on ALL TV platforms at 6am on June 1st 2020.

The channel has been closed by the broadcaster.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos