forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
jwintermute
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Channel listing are incorrect - e.g. Channel 5

Hello

Has anyone else noticed that the channel listings are sometime not right - by which I mean the episode listed is not the one broadcast? I've noticed it on a handful of Channel 5 programs, e.g. World's Most Scenic Railways, Secret Life of the Thames, etc.
I can get round it by recording every episode, not ideal though, so basically I've resorted to using catch-up on My5. Although that makes me wonder why I need the TiVo ... 😀

Not the end of the world, but just interested in what the cause is.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel listing are incorrect - e.g. Channel 5

It's duff guide data, and yes - C5 seems to have far more than their fair share lately.

If you have specific examples that are more than a couple of days yet to go, you can email the details to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk who are excellent at getting replicable errors fixed within a day or so.

You won't usually get a response, but unless there's an underlying reason for the error, they're excellent at fixing the guide - and as long as the data is fixed intime for broadcast, then you're all good.

Susan Calman on Friday night is one I've already mailed across - it was wrong last week too. Both VM's OnDemand and the C5-app on V6 have the correct episodes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jwintermute
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts, I’ll keep that in mind.

I rather enjoy that Susan Calman show. C5 have some good stuff on lately ~ if only we know when 🙂
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s not just channel 5, but the other Viacom channels as well. This week there have been errors on Paramount & 5 select as well not showing new episodes, or wrong programmes.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos