Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel Guide problem

Just turned on my Tivo box after weeks of inactivity. All channels look to be working OK but the Guide lists channels and only shows "To be announced" against all of them. The screen for each individual channel shows "Title not available" on all channels but does indicate the actual channel in the bottom right corner of the screen. I have switched on and off several times and also waited (around two hours now) for the Guide to update. Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Channel Guide problem

Hi Phil,

your box has lost the network connection.

Ensure your V6 is connected to the Hub by going into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail. After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do you have a V6 (which gets its connection from your home hub), or a TiVo, whose connection is inbuilt?

Potentially advice can differ between them, but a forced connection is absolutely the best place to start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - it’s a TiVo, connected via Ethernet to the hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The original TiVo doesn't use a hub connection, that's the point- the incoming co-ax provides the broadcast TV & internet. It operates independently of your home broadband.

The newer V6 relies on the home hub for internet, hence slightly different advice between the 2 boxes.

If you go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings  > Network,  when was the last successful connection shown as?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos