Menu
Gingernaks
Just joined
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Channel 922 Classic FM seems to have continously breaking signal - destroys quality of music!

Classic FM seems susceptible to the constant fluctuation/fracturing signal ….

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 922 Classic FM seems to have continously breaking signal - destroys quality of music!

Hi Gingernaks,

Sorry to hear this, is this issue still on going? Do you also have this issue on any other channel?

It might be worth looking at our service status checker here to see if this is something we recognise as an outage.

I'd also recommend doing a basic reboot on both your Hub and set top box as well to see if this perhaps clears the issue.

David_Bn 

Captain991
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 922 Classic FM seems to have continously breaking signal - destroys quality of music!

I have exactly the same problem with Classic FM on ch 992 breaking up. No problem with Planet Rock ch 924. No change on reboot. No problem with Classic FM on FM radio. No problem with Radio 3 on ch 903. Suspect a problem with the feed to Virgin from Classic FM 😞

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Captain991 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with Classic FM on ch 992 breaking up. No problem with Planet Rock ch 924. No change on reboot. No problem with Classic FM on FM radio. No problem with Radio 3 on ch 903. Suspect a problem with the feed to Virgin from Classic FM 😞

I doubt it is the same problem. The thread you have added too is a year old. Just checked mine & there is no issue with 922 here in West Herts, so it must be more local to your area. As a stop gap, if you have a V6, go to Apps & Games and select the Radioline App & you can get Classic FM through this via the internet.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Captain991
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, not exactly the same problem 😅 not in the same house! Thanks very much for the quick reply and tip, I've now set up Radioline and I can now get Classic FM loud and clear 📻 😋

0 Kudos
Pedagogue54
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

I also have problems with fluctuations on 922 Classic FM. Other radio channels are perfect.

Instead of suggesting a workaround, why not address the problem and get it solved!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Pedagogue54 wrote:

Hi!

I also have problems with fluctuations on 922 Classic FM. Other radio channels are perfect.

Instead of suggesting a workaround, why not address the problem and get it solved!

1) This is the only thread suggesting there is a problem. There are 6 million TV subscribers on VMs network but I see no other complaints. If there were a big influx the situation would be escalated. I would suggest talking to faults as it may just be individual boxes affected.

2) I am not VM staff, just another customer.

The streamed radio VM maintains is there largely for customers with the older TiVO boxes that cannot use the Radioline app.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pedagogue54
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi nogrodg,

Apologies! I am gratetful for your reply. I realised after posting that your comment wasn't from a Virgin staff member. 

I shall use the Radioline app from now on; however, I shall miss the simplicity of switching on my soundbar and choosing 922 on the Tivo - no need to switch on the TV!

Once again many thanks.

0 Kudos
IFM3
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent distorted audio signal on Ch 922 Classic FM only since March 2020.

New V6 box this week, same issue. Worse after restarting box.

VM Technician checked incoming signals at house yesterday, all good.

Temporary work around is to press Pause for a few seconds and then resume listening - no distortion! Or simply record for later listening.

Awaiting solution to this long term issue gauging by the earlier posts.

Error message tells me that Radioline App currently not supported by my replacement V6 box.

2nd issue, no Series Link transfer, despite 10 attempts online over past 5 days. CS told me to see Technician, who confirmed online is the only way.

Any insight, as only 9 days left of 14 day transfer window?
0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any problems with these stations on Virgin Media, which are broadcast on the same multiplex as Classic FM?

Gold
Capital
CapitalXTRA
Classic FM
Absolute Radio
Planet Rock
Heart
Radio X
RTE Radio
World Radio Network
Smooth Radio
Kiss FM
Heart 80s
LBC
Magic Radio
Absolute 80s
Absolute Classic Rock
talkSPORT

As this issue only comes up very occasionally (4 posts about it over 18 months) it seems to be a very localised problem affecting few people.

0 Kudos