forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ab666
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changed package but still dont have the channels

I upgraded my package to the Ultimate oomph package a month ago in order to get a second as it worked out the same as just adding the box to the package I had. An engineering visit was arranged but was cancelled on 28th Jan due to covid rules which I can understand. However I phoned virgin to see if they could at least enable the extra channels but was told it needed and engineering visit. I have now lost some channels I previously had such as the kids channels which with 2 young kids in the house is a pain. I have put in a complaint but have only heard by letter that it would be looked into.  Surely at least the channels can be enabled until an engineer comes to install the second box.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed package but still dont have the channels

Oomph contains the Maxit TV package, which does not include the kids channels (now available as an add on pack).

However, some have returned on a temporary basis until 2nd March:

"From now until 2 March, all Virgin TV customers will be given free access to seven pay TV kids channels and programming including Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network HD, Cartoon Network +1, Cartoonito, Boomerang, Boomerang +1, Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nickelodeon +1, NickToons, Nick Jr, and Nick Jr Too. "

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-boosts-its-free-tv-of... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ab666
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changed package but still dont have the channels

Thank you for that. I have checked and yes the kids channels are there for now. My point is more to do with I have the Ultimate oomph package which contains the kids, sky sports HD and the sky cinema which is in my contract and wouldn't be getting them until an engineering visit.

Anyway thanks again at least it should make the kids a bit happier.

0 Kudos
ab666
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changed package but still dont have the channels until engineer visit [cancelled]

Sorry I am resubmitting as I might have accidentently marked this call as solved when I wanted to say the answer I got from nodrogd was very helpful. So if I have resubmitted in error please accept my apologies.

I upgraded my package to the Ultimate oomph package a month ago as it included a second as it worked out the same as just adding the box to the package I had. An engineering visit was arranged but was cancelled on 28th Jan due to covid rules which I can understand. However I phoned virgin to see if they could at least enable the extra channels such as sky cinema, Sports HD etc but was told it needed and engineering visit. I have now lost some channels I previously had in my prevoius package such as the kids channels, which with 2 young kids in the house is a pain. I have put in a complaint but have only heard by letter that it would be looked into. Surely at least all the the channels that I have subscribed to can be enabled until an engineer comes to install the second box.

nodrogd helpfully mentioned that some channels are now free until next month, which includes the kids channels. This is useful but these should be in my ultimate oomph package anyway.

I am just looking for all the channels that are in my contract until an engineer can visit.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changed package but still dont have the channels until engineer visit [cancelled]

@ab666 

No problem re the posts, a few magic buttons pressed and they're all back in the same place again 😉

Assuming you have a TiVo or a V6 box (if you're not sure, check here ), then you can refresh your EPG (TV Guide) and make sure all the correct channels are available, by following...

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

This will serve to match your box's EPG with whatever is currently active on your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ab666
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed package but still dont have the channels until engineer visit [cancelled]

Thanks I have just tried that it worked . I was told that I would not get my oomph channels by a few virgin reps until the engineers visit and activated at that point. 

Thanks Again

0 Kudos