Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Chanel 5 pixelating

I get a terrible picture on channel 5. Tightened all connections including coaxial and hdmi cables.

reboot of TiVo box sometimes works for a while but not consistent 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jcafeolai
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chanel 5 pixelating

Same here , all BBC , ITV , Channel 4  all pixelated  , normal or HD same . just unwatchable  ..    I just wanted 44 minutes on the phone to just be hung up at the end ...  nice Virgin.   in short ,  can watch TV and cannot contact Virgin .   All that for 90 GBP a month !!!   

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you've rebooted your box once to eliminate a software gremlin, and have checked your connections are all finger tight, then pixellated & breaking-up pictures is nearly always symptomatic of signal issues caused either by a box or cabling fault. Either way, it will need VM to intervene and remedy whatever underlying fault is causing it.

If you can identify specific channels (including HD or SD?) that are afffected, it can certainly help narrow down the cause in the meantime..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks