Menu
mafiasilk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Chanel 5 HD Distorted

I called support who said my issue was the box, i have a new box, and the issue is still there.

Google is suggesting a cable fault?

I rang back they sent a signal and fixed Chanel 5, but kicked out my broadband.

I reset my broadband and the Chanel 5 issue re-surfaced.

What do i need to do to get Chanel 5 and Broadband working together?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chanel 5 HD Distorted

Hi mafiasilk,

Have you checked that all of your equipment cables are snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable, as that can cause signal problems to both broadband and TV? 

Check the channels in the picture below. They are all on the same mux as Channel 5HD.  If you also have a problem with those channels then it suggests a signal issue and you will need to speak to the Faults Team. Ignore any prompts to do online tests etc and you should be put through to an agent.  Advise them that the signal they sent hasn't cured your problems.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'll go a little further than newapollo and suggest that if you have a signal fault, this cannot be fixed remotely.

Any C/S agent who attempts to "resolve" a suspected signal fault remotely, is (I strongly suspect) just restarting your box to temporarily remove the symptoms.

The correct course of action for a suspected signal fault is: one reboot (either remote or local, I don't think it matters) and then if symptoms persist - an engineer visit or replacement box. Anything else is kicking the fault down the road, where it's likely to return.

At the risk of sending a TV query off-course with stuff that's better put in the broadband forum, what's the issue with your broadband (briefly!)? Just to help ascertain if it's related or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mafiasilk
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ive given up

I need broadband more than TV, the Tivo is back in the shed - never to plugged in again

0 Kudos