Menu
Sallyhumphreys
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Catv cover - want to drop kerb what do I do

Dear Virgin.

I would like to drop the kerb in front of my house but unfortunately there is CATV manhole in the pavement. This is the old style NYNEX CATV manhole (which then went to ntlworld and now Virgin).

Please can you let me know how I go about arranging an alteration to the manhole / manhole cover so the kerb can be safely dropped?

Please also feel free to PM me if you required personal details or the property address.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catv cover - want to drop kerb what do I do

The manhole would have to be reinforced to take vehicles and I would imagine Virgin would insist on doing the work themselves, and it probably wouldn't be cheap, give it a few days and  VM rep will get  to your post  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought all "kerb dropping" had to be done by the local council (at exhorbitant cost of course). At least that was the case with my neighbour - no DIY allowed !
Having a VM owned manhole cover might complicate it of course - but I would check what the council say as this must not be uncommon for them.

EDIT: See link

http://www.wilsham.co.uk/dropped-kerb-law-and-drop-kerb-applications/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sallyhumphreys,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm going to pop you a private message so I can take your details and then look in to this for you.

I'll speak to you there 🙂

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
TomO80
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

I have justr come across this thread - I am in a similar position in that I am applying for a vehicle crossover point and a drop kerb with the council so I can build a driveway in front of my property.

Please may you PM me so I can begin the necessary process to get the cover reinforced?

Many thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TomO80,

Welcome and thanks for reaching out in our community. With regards to the dropped kerb enquiry you can email divworks@virginmedia.co.uk

This department will be able to help you get the ball rolling with this process. Let us know how you get on and keep us posted.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Tobyc11
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Jusg come across this thread as well, and I’m in the same situation I’m a virgin media customer and have two CATV man hole covers out the front of my house. 

I’m trying to get permission to apply for a dropped kerb any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You! 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tobyc11,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, please send your request to the email in the previous reply, so that Dev Works team is able to get this sorted for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos