Menu
Saze
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Catch up and on demand service

Why can I not watch anything on catchup or from the on demand service? Tried with several different programmes, to no avail. After the ads at the start finish, nothing happens. This is so frustrating. Should have stuck with Sky, this is useless!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up and on demand service

Hi Saze,

Have you checked the following pinned post for /On-demand-not-working  ?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up and on demand service

The lead-in adverts playing, then getting a blank screen, is one of the classic HDCP warning signs.

newapollo has given you a link to Kev_B's pinned post on resolving VOD issues, I'd strongly recommend following the advice on there. Also disregard the lack of an error code, and follow the suggestions in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

If that, and a subsequent restart doesn't resolve, then please do post back but also include 2 specific bits of info...

1: Can you watch OnDemand programmes from (non-BBC) Catchup - ITV, C4 or C5? If you're not sure, please try and see.

2: What's the exact make & model of your TV as there may be something specific in its setup. If you don't have the manual to hand, then posting the model will let one of us find a manual and go digging for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos