Menu
Ceramic_Bowl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cant connect TV V6 box to hub

Hello,

I recently got offered an upgrade to include TV in my package for the first time. I accepted but was told I'd have to set it up myself, fine, must be straight forward. The person I was talking to did not ask or indicate that I may need to move my hub.

My house is a new build and like all new builds was done as cheap as possible. The Virgin cable comes in at the front of the house, and ends up in a cupboard in the centre, with 0 coax cables coming out, just 1 single CAT5E cable that is daisy chained to every other room in the house except the kitchen/bathrooms. I now have to either run a 20m long cable to where my my TV is, which means the cupboard and living room doors are never going to be shut and my dog will enjoy chewing it, or have the box moved.

The only way I've managed to contact Virgin is by sending a complaint, which I won't hear back from before the new year, which means in the mean time I'll be paying for TV that I can't use! I'd appreciate any advice concerning having my box moved, which I understand is rather expensive, or alternative connection ideas. If I'm going to drill holes in my house I might as well just have one done by a professional, right?

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cant connect TV V6 box to hub

Hello

So just to be clear you have no coaxial cable where you want to place the Virginmedia TV, if that is so you are going to need an engineer to install a 2nd coaxial connection so you can plug the box into.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ceramic_Bowl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I also don't have coaxial cable where the hub is installed, and I can't move it as that is where the Virgin Cable comes out.

Thanks for the assistance!

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ceramic_Bowl wrote:

Yes I also don't have coaxial cable where the hub is installed, and I can't move it as that is where the Virgin Cable comes out.

Thanks for the assistance!

The Virgin cable is a coaxial cable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ceramic_Bowl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes but there isn't a Coax in the wall to my living room

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ceramic_Bowl wrote:

Yes but there isn't a Coax in the wall to my living room

Then you will have to get an engineer to install one

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @Ceramic_Bowl

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry that you have had this experience with getting your TV connected up. 

I can defiantly help with this, I am going to need to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos