Menu
Jackarmy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot cancel Netflix as do not have account with them as pay through virgin

An elderly relative signed up to Netflix in error on his tv. Had confirmation from virgin of charges but you have to cancel through Netflix. Netflix don’t recognise account and can’t help. Virgin can’t be contacted by phone. Relative very upset and distressed by these charges

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot cancel Netflix as do not have account with them as pay through virgin

Hi Jackarmy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We wouldn't be able to cancel that account, it can only be done via Netflix. They should be able to find the account created by the postcode and house number

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jackarmy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot cancel Netflix as do not have account with them as pay through virgin

I have been in touch with Netflix three times and provided the full name address and postcode and virgin account details and they insist that they cannot identify the account. I also tried to create a Netflix account in order to cancel but you have to give credit card details to create an account and I was concerned that my relative would be tied into paying again.
0 Kudos
Jackarmy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

An elderly relative signed up to Netflix without realising what this involved. I cannot visit him to resolve. He cannot get through to virgin after days of trying. I have been in touch with Netflix three times who don’t recognise account and say as virgin making charge, they must be contacted. Going around in circles.

0 Kudos
george_g
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos