Menu
Thomasg26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Sky Sports & BT Sport

Please could someone explain to me why I need to phone up to put my sports packages on hold? I've been in a queue for over half an hour, with no idea how much longer the wait will be.

Currently, Sky are allowing their customers to do this online.

richrich123
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sky Sports & BT Sport

Same here. Will not be renewing with Virgin at the end of my contract. You can call sky, and press a few numbers and pause your sports. Virgin just ripping off and being greedy and showing no loyalty to long standing customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

you are paying sky for the sports though.
They want to make it hard for VM for the reason you said. You now want to move to sky.

0 Kudos
richrich123
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is our provider, they are responsible. They are fully able to be as reasonable and helpful as Sky are and its Virgins responsibility to help their customers in times of financial challenges - and they aren't - they are hiding.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is your provider but not the content manager. So you pay them to get the channels to you. they are.

The same as you pay VM to get an internet connection to you. They do not control the internet anymore then they control the TV content
richrich123
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Call to Sky - "can I discuss my Sky Sports subscription and pausing like you have offered your customers"
Answer - "No, you need to speak to Virgin as you buy from them"
Virgin CEO "Don't contact us unless its urgent"

Ultimately, my contract legally is with Virgin, they have the obligation to provide what I am contracted for. If Sky are unable to provide the content, Virgin aren't providing what I am contracted to Virgin for so legally, it is Virgins responsibility. It doesn't matter they are wholesaling if from Sky, the contract is with Virgin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

your contract doesn't list programs. And you can still watch Sky Sports. Unless Sky shut the channel down VM are delivering the channel to you
0 Kudos
richrich123
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

We pay nearly £40 per month to watch football. There is now no football (or much else other than obscure stuff). Sky have acknowledged that challenge and let all their customers pause for 3 months.

If Virgin aren't prepared to follow suit or agree the same as Sky for the customers they are selling to (and no doubt making markup / profit from), then they have a total disregard for their customers.Sky are behaving in a reasonable, pro active way given the current circumstances, Virgin aren't.

Given how hot this topic is currently, maybe you can point me to the place on Virgins website where they have offered some information or explanation to address it. That is what you do isn't it when you have a big challenge - add some info to your website? Especially when you have said a call centre is down and the CEO has emailed everyone saying not to call.

I take the lack of any reference to it as they ar hiding with a view to not wanting to encourage anyone.A few other forum posts on here from the last 24 hrs are suggesting people who have been able to get through have in fact been given 3 month pauses so this stinks of they know they have to if pushed but as a last resort - glad to see they are trying to hep their customers when in need.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
richrich123
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I can't see where that says anything about Sky Sports subscriptions?