Menu
MacBloscaidh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Premier Sports (or any other premium channel)

No point in paying for Premier Sports at the moment so I want to cancel it. After 50 mins on the phone, I immediately got cut off and i'm not phoning back for the same thing to happen again.

I know that I have to give 30 days notice, so why don't Virgin Media provide this facility online? If you want to keep call queues down and if you want to prevent unnecessary calls being made in the first place, then provide customers with the option of downgrading their package online, just as we can upgrade our package online.

I'm well aware the marketing department don't want to make it easy for customers to downgrade which is why they have to phone - however use some common sense please at this very testing time - we are unable to speak to people to downgrade our package, so do the right thing and provide the facility online.

Steve_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Premier Sports (or any other premium channel)

Hi @MacBloscaidh,

The link I'm about to post below will allow you to do exactly what you've asked in your post.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us

Hope this helps,
Steve S

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
MacBloscaidh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

It doesn't, but thanks anyway. The link you provided gives the option of pausing Sky Sports payments - there's nothing about cancelling Premier Sports or downgrading any other channel.

In a way this highlights the problem even further - Virgin Media have provided this option online for Sky Sports therefore why don't they do the same for other channels? There's no excuse now.
Sarahkn
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also have this issue. There is literally no way for us to inform virgin of our desire to downgrade our packages as it stands. I tried phoning twice, so had two hours on hold only to be cut off. The live chat function is not working in any way. There should be an email address or some other way for us to contact virgin instead to register our desire for change, even if they can’t action it immediately. Whilst I appreciate that the vast majority of virgin staff are in the same boat as me (worried, scared, not sure of what the future will bring), ultimately Richard Branson and the people in charge of this company have made millions of pounds out of us and it’s not fair, when the excrement hits the fan, for them to just disappear, leaving a shoddy excuse for customer service in their wake. 

trio
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got same problem, now call center redirects you to a web page: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/package-changes

and there all you can do is go here: https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index

that page will redirect you to call center again.

So just going in circles and no way to cancel or pause the subscription. Virgin is just stealing £9.99 from my account every month. 

0 Kudos
Aukdsweeper
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have this problem as well...their customer support is minimal..round in circles with their Bot system and hours on calls only to be cutoff or redirected back to Bot...hopeless...have had a year with VM and no complaints...until now!!

0 Kudos
81pmc
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Did anyone hear of a way to do this yet. Trying to cancel Premier Sports myself, nearly forgot I had it, only added for Scottish Cup games and obviously that's not coming back soon. So currently waiting in long telephone queue but automated message states wait time of over an hour, and going by others experience it might be for nothing. Seems strange for Virgin when trying to keep calls to minimum not to have included an online way of cancelling premier sports when they were setting up the same for pausing Sky and BT sports.

I believe on Sky you can cancel with Premier Sports direct but this doesn't apply with Virgin. So no easy way to cancel Premier Sports at the moment, at exactly the time when most likely to have many looking to cancel.

0 Kudos
duncan47
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i came here because I couldn’t find a way to cancel Sky and BT sports online. It seems it’s not possible and calling them is hopeless at the moment. Basically this means you can add services but not reduce them, and as long as this situation persists it works in VM favour as the 30 day cancellation period just gets put back and back.

The form a previous poster was referred to is to pause the channels and not cancel and that is whole new can of worms. I filled that in last month and got the £31.75 , however the form was supposed to be a one off submission to cover the whole refund period and yet the April bill still includes Sky and BT Sports.

I’m afraid VM service only works one way and it’s not just in the current situation.

0 Kudos
81pmc
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to update in addition to my earlier post I just sat waiting on hold and actually got an answer after about 35mins or so. Got someone UK based and he was very helpful cancelled Premier Sports no problem. Even helped me sort out recent issue I had with Virgin WiFi boosters.

0 Kudos