Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Netflix on Virgin

I clicked onto Netflix icon on my Virgin set top box for a months basic service £5.99 over the Christmas period It now seems I have locked myself into some kind of contract with Netflix as Virgin keep taking payments. Netflix have no knowledge of this account as I never made one and have no intentions doing so. Surely its virginmedia responsibility for my account they just should not hand my money over to another service without my permission      

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi infidel

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention

We did team up with Netflix to allow Netflix Customers to be charged onto one bill . If you can check your bank now as you shouldn't have 2 separate payments going out just the one from us.

If you like I can cancel the Netflix from our side and you can make the payment as you have originally 

Let me know what it is that you wish to do please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

We have a very similar problem.

Our 8yr old managed to log out of Netflix.  Rather than tell us, it seems he managed to register for a new account via Virgin Media.  I would like to know how this happened!  Essentially we have been paying for the same service twice.

Been on to Netflix, they say they have cancelled the account but to ensure no further payments we need to cancel it via Virgin.  How do we do this.  Also how long have we been paying!!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjbrooks,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the Netflix account. If Netflix have cancelled the account for you then this will be cancelled as there isn't anything further we can do. 

Concerning the amount of payments taken we can certainly look into that for you for you.

What I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection and discuss this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos