Menu
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't watch Virgin Movies anymore

We went to watch a film on Virgin Movies last night but hit a problem and couldn't get it working. After we had selected the film then rather than it just starting the box said I needed to sign in by opening a website on a phone and entering the displayed code.  We tried that several times, the website just kept saying the code was invalid and we couldn't progress.

I called 150 and went through several options but every one ended up at a dead end with their offices being closed.  We wasted probably 30 minutes and as we only watch a few a year it was extremely disappointing.

Even if it did work, I don't see why we would need to do something on our phones to watch a film on the TV.

Any ideas what is going on?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't watch Virgin Movies anymore

Hi virgin movies are all pay per view so you need to put your pin number in to access it, this stops people playing films accidentally then getting annoyed when they are added to their bills. Regards Micky
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. it's not a PIN being asked for.  After selecting the watch the film it says we need to open a particular website on a phone and enter a code.  We tried that but the website kept rejecting the code.

I don't understand what's going on, we are just trying to watch a film on the virgin box, even if the phone code did work what has that got to do with anything?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's the Virgin Store which is for buy to keep digital films.

A film can be available as part of Virgin Movies On Demand for rental, Virgin Store for purchase, or from a subscription service like Sky Cinema or Netflix.

What was the film?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your original post said "virgin movies" if you put the correct information on the forum we all stand a chance of giving the correct answer.
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"Your original post said "virgin movies" if you put the correct information on the forum we all stand a chance of giving the correct answer. "

Sorry Little Mick, I wasn't aware there was a difference and as far as I'm aware I did put the correct information in the post.  I did as I've done in the past which was search for a film on Virgin, find it, then try to watch it.

I humbly apologise for not knowing the difference between the seemingly similar services but do you know what the answer is as to why I needed a phone and also why the code didn't work please?

0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry BenMcr, I can't remember. We just scrolled though and found one we fancied. I'll give it another try sometime but don't want to end up paying for something we're not going to watch. It was just really frustrating where we watch so few films not to be able to and for what doesn't seem a logical reason.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi without knowing which outlet you attempted to use it's difficult to answer as they all work differently, i completely understand no one wants to pay for something that you don't get. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Store needs a separate setup as it can also be used on mobile devices, and as it's a buy and keep service you need to be able to access your purchases if you leave Virgin Media for any reason. You can't be charged for anything for the Virgin Media Store without first completing the separate setup and providing payment details

On the box itself it should be clear which service the movies is coming from when you go through the menus e.g. 'Watch now Virgin Media Store' or Watch Now Virgin Movies', or from the dedicated Virgin Movies menus.

So for future movies just remember that:

Virgin Movies = short term rental
Virgin Media Store = digital buy to own

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

> Virgin Movies = short term rental and  Virgin Media Store = digital buy to own

Thanks, that makes sense.  I've just had a look and it is indeed "Virgin Media Store", I didn't know there were two separate services and probably presumed it was just a name.

Now I know, thank you.

0 Kudos