Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t pause or record live tv anymore

So I upgraded my tv package today and now I can’t record or even pause live tv! (On all channels) I have tried resetting the hub and I have also tried re-pairing the remote but it is still the same! Is there anything else I could try?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t pause or record live tv anymore

What happens when you pause live TV or try to set a recording?

There's a couple of things this could be, depending on your answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I press the pause button it’s says at the bottom of the tv screen “pause unsupported” and when I press the record button it doesn’t do anything at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You'll probably need to call VM faults re this - sounds like part of the box's functionality has been disabled at account level, and needs reinstating.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Spoiler
Thanks I’ve tried ringing, I didn’t actually get to speak to a human being! They said they have tested the line and it is fine and to use online help?! Online helps gives me the run around as this particular issue is not a faq or option! What do I do next please?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You call C/S as you have done, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". You decline any and every attempt by the IVR to offer you weblinks, callback later, whatever whatever, and enter the call queue for an agent.

If the diagnostic system offers to resolve your problem remotely, you may need to play along with it and callback after it fails to work. If there's an option to ignore it and bypass, do so.

0 Kudos