Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can’t get through

I keep attempting to contact Virgin media to reduce my TV package and keep getting cut off! After over 20 minutes on hold waiting to get through - costing me a fortune! I’m sure if I was adding to my package they wouldn’t disconnect me! How can I make contact without costing me??????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get through

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm - best time to call is 08.00-10.00 - then you will usually get a UK call centre who are more helpful.
150 calls are free from VM landlines and mobiles - so get a VM PAYG SIM and put £5 on it and put it in an old mobile for occasions like these. 0345 numbers are just standard geographic rates and would be included in any free minutes bundle you have with your mobile provider - or other landline.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As jbrennand has pointed out, Virgin's CS number is free from a Virgin phone or standard-landline rates from any other phone. That's assuming you're calling the 0345 number of course.

That doesn't excuse them hanging up on you of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for response 

unfortunately I do not have a phone line. 

Is there a way I can request call back or email?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you don't have a phone line, how can you have been waiting 20 minutes to get through as per your original post?

For anything account-specific like this, I would suggest you ask a friend or relation nicely if you can use their phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mmmmmm maybe a mobile phone!!! And if I ask a friend or relation I am still waiting 20 mins to be cut off and charging their phone line! What I want to know is has anyone got an email address for them!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, there isn't an email address for Virgin C/S

0 Kudos