Menu
FAUSMAUS
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can i activate a old box? On my plan

So I had three boxes installed on my initial Virgin contract 4 years ago, 1 year ago a flatmate moved out & when I renewed i asked to reduce the boxes down to two, We have a new person moved in, The flat screen TV & virgin box is still all plugged in with all the wired even shows terrestrial TV. I've contacted Virgin and been put through to Indian call centre & been told I have to pay £99 for a new box £30set up fee & £30 for a engineer & a monthly extra of £7.50, ontop of that, That will cancel my goodwill discount and put my bill up a staggering £45 extra a month. I'm sure these people on call centres are on commission, Surly a box thats still working, plugged in, exactly the same as all my other boxes can be activated? Honestly I don't know why I stay with virgin its nothing but hassel, every year I have to complain to get my package to a acceptable price, And a virgin loyal customer like myself always seems to get hit with huge bill increases whilst new customers get good deals. Sorry I've gone on abit of a rant but its sooo damn annoying. So is it possible to just reactivate my old box or do I really need to go through all that and pay that extortionate amount of money?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i activate a old box? On my plan

What model is your old box? Is it one of these ? Which boxes do you have in your home at the moment? The two boxes on that website are the only STBs currently supported on Virgin Media's network. The £7.50 extra charge is likely to be "standard" pricing to have your existing package on the extra box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FAUSMAUS
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It just says Virgin V Box, Looks more like the tivo box but I don't think it is one. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

its an old box.
When you cancelled it it will of been removed from the network and can;t be readded
0 Kudos