Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help me with Virgin TV?

Hello, I live on my own and had virgin installed 2 months ago. I can't get it to work on my TV - I think I might be pressing the wrong button. I'm 83 and can't go out at the moment - I also have no family close by to help. Are there any engineers in the Wolverhampton area who could just pop by for 5 minutes to show me what to do?

Thanks,

June

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone help me with Virgin TV?

Hi June.

Do you have VM broadband installed? I assume that you had a VM tv box installed. There are 2 of these a V6 or a Tivo which did you get? The Tivo is a smallish ~9 inch oblong box whilst the Tivo is a bigger >12" curved box.

In any case, either would need connecting to the VM system by a white coax type cable and also to your TV directly with another cable - can you see those in place ok?

If they are both in ok and the TV box is switched on (have you done that?) then it may be the TV setting that needs changing as its probably set to receive input from the old arial connection (Freeview?) so you would need to see the TV instructions on how to flick it over to accept its signal from the VM box. It always fairly easy via a "home" or "settings" button on the TV remote ans selecting another "source" which is the one you are after.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos