Menu
john10001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I get Sky Sports on Virgin Media TV?

I was looking through the different options, packages, and bundles for services from Virgin Media and I was only able to see the Racing, News, Mix HD channels of Sky offered on Virgin Media TV. Say it ain't so?

Can you not get Sky Sports Premier League, NFL, F1, etc on Virgin? Is it a BT Sport only service?

It seems quite difficult to find what I am looking for on the Virgin website and the prices seem quite expensive for the television service especially if they don't have Sky Sports channels.

The only channels that I really like are the Sky Sports channels, BT Sport and apart from that, there are only two other channels which are NHK and Nat Geo. All the other channels are trash TV. Why don't they do pick and mix so you can just select the ones you want individually?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I get Sky Sports on Virgin Media TV?

Virgin Media don't offer the Sky Sports channels individually, you buy them as a whole package - standard price £31.75 in SD or £38.75 in HD

Pay-TV packages are sold in bundles - VM offer "personal picks" of channels based on genres (listed here ) which you can add onto the basic Mixit package.

The TV channel guide is shown at the bottom of this page in graphical & PDF versions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

john10001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. I wasn't able to find the details of the Sky Sports package on the Virgin Media site anywhere. £38.75 is rather expensive. And then I would have to choose one of the other packages as well which I don't want. I already have the NowTV app which only costs me £20 a month for Sky Sports in HD and I also have the BT Sports app which is only £15 a month in HD.

If I sign up to Virgin Media I think I am not going to bother with their TV service and just get the broadband and phone service.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can play around with bundles and packages using the build a bundle site here.

Many NowTV setups only support HD to 720p, VM's is full 1080 across the board. Compare yours at https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

If you happened to choose VM's top-tier TV package (Full House) it includes all the BT Sport channels in HD as standard.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos