Menu
edwatson
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can I get Sky Sports F1 on Virgin TV?

Hello

I am going to be ordering Virgin soon for a new house I'm moving into... I have a real simple question: Can I get SkyF1 channel? and if so how?
Thank you

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I get Sky Sports F1 on Virgin TV?

Yes you can, but not as a stand-alone channel. You have to take at least the minimum TV pack, plus all 8 Sky Sports channels. If you want these channels in HD there is also a supplemental charge.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
edwatson
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

thank you

Which bundle/s come with the SKYF1 HD channel?
cheers

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can take any of the standard TV packs shown on VMs website & then add the SkySports Premium pack to it. So it’s a question of looking at what is available.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have the Bigger Oomph bundle + Sports which includes the Sky Sports HD pack, but I think that you have to pay the extra £7pm for the HD version of the Sky Sports channels with the cheaper bundles.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It isn't clear on the website, if you select the bundles and the channel list it does not include a list of the Sky Sports channels but does have the Sky Sports logo at the top of the screen. It does list the Sky Movie channels though.

I am looking to return to full Virgin, I only have BB at the moment but want to get 500mb, so I need the ultimate oomph bundle but it must have F1 for me to consider it.

‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------
My Hardware: Super Hub 3, Ubiquiti USG, 4 x Unifi APs, 7 x Unifi switches, 1 x Unifi Cloud Key 2

My Services: Vivid 350, Sky Q everything package 🙂
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

F1 in HD is certainly included on channel 506. Of course we've seen nothing so far in 2020.

--
voicon
Up to speed
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's only a few more weeks 🙂

‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------‐------------‐--------
My Hardware: Super Hub 3, Ubiquiti USG, 4 x Unifi APs, 7 x Unifi switches, 1 x Unifi Cloud Key 2

My Services: Vivid 350, Sky Q everything package 🙂
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A sports fan has to stump up the money to watch the races live, I want to see the akshun as it takes place not the highlights hours later on Channel 4.

--
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This is a list of all the channels and packages. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/ChannelGuide_June_11_20...

The Big package on this list is Player.

The Bigger package is Full House 

The Ultimate Oomph package has all the channels in column 6, plus all the Sky Sports (including F1)and Sky Movie channels in HD

You would need to check if 500mb is available in your area.

There is talk about the broadband on the Ultimate Oomph package being regraded to 600mb at the end of July.

The same article says Virgin will also start selling the 500mb as a standalone from that date.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/06/isp-virgin-media-uk-to-launch-surprise-600mbps-broadba...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos