Menu
NIJINSKY
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

COVID 19 - You need to allow people to remove packages online

Hoi,

40mins on hold I need to remove RACINGTV from my package as there is no racing currently.

This is costing £20 a month. I shall have to cancel my direct debit if you do not make it possible to contact you to remove this 

Or put something up on your website to allow people to change their package, online. I shall not be paying for this service from today so please take this as confirmation of my package change to remove this channel and confirm it has been actioned.

Regards,

J.Rhodes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: COVID 19 - You need to allow people to remove packages online

This is not primarily a customer service forum and cancellation requests have never been dealt with on here.

You will need to persist with the call queues I'm afraid, and sorry to point it out but cancelling DD's will (at some point down the line) cause more problems than you think it's solving now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tnopost3
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Too true my friend....

Upgrade as much as you want.... easy peasy!
Downgrade.... no chance, 60 mins in hold on phone.... then just drops the call!
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

upgrading still requires staff to put the upgrade though.

so even if you had a form online to downgrade the limit staff would still have to manually change the package.
NIJINSKY
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you being serious,? wait on hold for upto  an hour as a "customer" to then be cut off. Let's see what Virginmedia think of being taken to the small claims court and having to pay me £50 per hour for loss of earnings during all the time I have been kept on hold to change my package.

No company should be able to justify keeping a custimomervon hold more than 10 mins, its arrogance beyond reproach. 

NIJINSKY
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's irrelevant if someone manually has to amend something, it's the fact you can add packages online but not remove channels. I also think you will find it actually IS fully automated when you add a package online. 

NIJINSKY
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I advise anyone who wishes to downgrade a package to just write into their complaints dept, confirming you are downgrading your package as of the date of the letter and to amend your bill accordingly. They have to acknowledge and comply with a letter., especially given they are not answering calls. Look at consumer rights act, its all there. 

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@NIJINSKY wrote:

It's irrelevant if someone manually has to amend something, it's the fact you can add packages online but not remove channels. I also think you will find it actually IS fully automated when you add a package online. 

It is on Sky, you can add a new package online even in the middle of the night and the channel opens up seconds after confirming the order, but VM's systems seem to require things to be done manually by staff.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky is one system. VM is a merge of many systems set up in many different ways
0 Kudos
NIJINSKY
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You are the most UN-insightful person , given your reply .

I am sorry but saying "you will have to persist with the call queues" is not acceptable ...I'm sorry , if this is the distain with which you treat customers and expect them to waste 30 mins of their day as a customer waiting to speak to Virgin you are mistaken.

After 20 mins that is the final straw..moving to SKY 

0 Kudos