Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

C501 and N27 error codes

I am constantly getting these error codes, more so the C501(unexpected problem- dont even know what that means!) when I try to watch a program or film on catch-up. It's getting to the point I give up as I'm constantly having to reboot and struggle to watch anything all the way through without an interruption. To note, I don't have the V6 box, still have the old one which I've had for several years(possibly 10) Anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: C501 and N27 error codes

Hi VictoriaPlum1,

Sorry to see you are having problems, apart from the N27 error which advises you to check your network cables and reboot your box, have you followed the advice for error C501?

You need to look at Check service status at the top of the page as the issues may be due to local problems.

You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If no issues are showing then you need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: C501 and N27 error codes

Thanks..I followed the fix for both error codes...but this is a regular problem and has been an issue since April of this year, strangely enough since I changed my package..hmmm. It happens on a daily basis. When I check the connection everything seems fine but the errors keep happening. It only seems to happen with catch-up or when I use stv player, bbc1 player, Netflix. I will use the mobile number you gave me and see how I get on with that. Getting through on 150 is a nightmare at the mo. Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos