Menu
Pendz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C219 Second box activation. Unable to get through on the phones.

We moved into a new place in September, and have had the main box set up while we organise the house, we have come to set up the second box and are getting error c219. 

I have done all the recommended steps and now just on to call the customer services, 1hr 10 minutes and the line cuts out. 

Now back on to go through the automated and hold music. 

Can I not do this online? Is there anything else I can do to sort this issue? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C219 Second box activation. Unable to get through on the phones.

Hi Pendz,

virgin-tv-error-codes/c219  advises to check all your connections, however it really looks like the box has never been activated.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Unfortunately the best time to call is first thing on a morning around 8am when lines first open and are least busy, although mid afternoon around tea time is usually not so busy either.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Pendz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'm 100% sure it just needs activating. I have done nearly 2 hours on hold with the phone cutting off after 1hr:15m the first time and now waiting the second time. 

Surely this should be alot simpler?! I can provide all the details online, and I should be able to get the service at any time of day not just when it opens at 8. 

So disappointed. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Pendz wrote:

Surely this should be alot simpler?! I can provide all the details online, and I should be able to get the service at any time of day not just when it opens at 8. 

Virgin have never had online box activations or 24/7 C/S - most replacement or swapped boxes are pre-activated and just need powering up and connecting. If an STB is left "offline" from the Virgin network for a period of time, they can be deactivated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pendz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure why that matters. I accept a 24/7 call center isn't practical, but to not be able to deal with calls as a standard is poor. Even a simple form fill submission that is manned or automated for re-activations or new activations, as we had to do our first box this same way and had to wait for virgin convenience or luck to make it happen. 

It's just poor all round. 

0 Kudos