Menu
H1uams
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bt Sport activation

A virgin media team email states my Bt sport request has been applied and fully actioned. So why is it my TiVo says I’ve not subscribed to Bt sport channels.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bt Sport activation

Hi H1uams, 

It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for channels to be activated, unless you regraded online when it should be more or less instant.

Have you tried rebooting your VM box?

You can also try to force a channel update using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This can take up to 15 minutes and you may need to reboot your box after trying this method.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
H1uams
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, that worked. However, I had all the Nations League Football matches to watch on My Shows and had slowly been watching them but now I cannot any more and the message I need to subscribe. Is this all because I’ve taken on BT Sport? If so a bad move. Liam
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What channel were the Nations League games on, and do you still subscribe to that channel?

If it was a Sky channel, they do require an active subscription both at the time of recording and later viewing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
H1uams
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost all Nations League Football from My Shows

Ive just taken on the BT Sport package. I had a number of matches still to watch on My Shows and had watched half the France V Portugal game. But since getting BT Sport yesterday I now find I can’t watch the second half or any others unless I subscribe to Sky Sport. It looks as if I’ve made a mistake taking on BT Sport.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost all Nations League Football from My Shows

I'm assuming that the programmes in question were recorded from Sky Sports, and that you still subscribe to Sky Sports.

If that is correct, there's no reason those programmes shouldn't be viewable. A box reboot is the simple thing, and most obvious to initially try. Can you view Sky Sports at the moment?

0 Kudos
H1uams
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I recorded an England game on ITV and set up a series link. Then all these other games appeared in My Shows, but now they are not accessible without subscription yet they were before I took on BT Sport.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if these other games that have appeared, are actually bookmarks to VOD programmes...  Check your series link settings for whether you are including "Recordings only" or "Recordings and streaming videos".

VOD programmes (outside CatchUp) often depend on your TV package, and anything flagged as Box-Sets are only included on TV-XL/Full House bundles.

If they are genuinely recorded programmes (and not from a year or so ago) and you can view the channel from which they were recorded, then "subscribe to view" is a service fault

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Assuming you have a V6. It's also possible that even though you may not have had a Sky Sports subscription that the box has Suggestions turned on.( I'm not sure if this available on the old TIVO boxes) and so marked those games as well.

Your box learns what you like and makes Suggestions for you. They're based on what you've watched, recorded and what you've rated (using the thumbs up and thumbs down on your remote).

If that's the case Go to Help & Settings from the main menu. Settings > Recordings > Suggestions and turn them off

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, suggestions are available on the TiVo boxes 😉

0 Kudos