Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broken TV since 11 August

Our street was hit by lightening on 11 August and our TV box was burnt out and has not worked since.

1. It is impossible to report this online - there are many options but none for simply a broken box!! 

2. It is impossible to report it by phone. The shortest wait time I have had so far is 45minutes

3. The self test system is clearly a fraud. It reports the box as working even when it is not plugged in!!

4. I think we should have a big refund for this and I am tempted to stop payments to Virgin as there is no other way to make them listen or get the box fixed.

Any suggestions?!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken TV since 11 August

Do not stop your Direct Debit as it will affect your credit rating if you do. 

If you cannot get through on the phone (try phoning at 8 am) you can try the text messaging service or you can wait for a few days for a Moderator to deal with your query.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you're going everything to try to resolve this, I presume you've also tried (just for elimination) powering the box off at the mains for 5 minutes and then powering up?

VM staff work through these threads after a few days, I've flagged this one to hopefully get attention sooner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bloblamp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My 360 tv box arrived today . All works fine except the Tv go app . I keep getting the message “Sorry this isn’t available, oops the service isn’t available try again in a few minutes “. Tried turning router on and off but not luck 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV go app @broksonic, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Please could you try to log into the web browser version of TV go and see if you get the same issue?

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All working now thank you 

0 Kudos