Menu
Highlighted
dgmackenzie_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadbamd and TV drop at same time each evening.

Each night for the last three nights at 17.15 our TV starts to show a pixelated picture. Then the picture goes completely and wifi drops.

I have one V6 box and two older tivo boxes in other rooms. There is a booster (?) I think connected where cable comes in to ensure signal strength for the two boxes in other rooms.

If I turn the booster thing off for a while and the rester router it clears the issue. 

Any ideas how I can fix this permanently? Explaining it to call center was pointless. Told me to turn router off and on and said no issue with the service. 

Thanks David 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadbamd and TV drop at same time each evening.

Hi that may point to something else electronic or computer based switching on or booting up at that time.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dgmackenzie_uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I did consider that and initially thought the oven may be the culprit but couldn't see how it would link to everything going down. And then on Tuesday when it happened oven wasn't on...

No occurrence last night but we had been out more yesterday so maybe that helped it keep working ???

Really baffling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
praxis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM standard answer for this issue used to be (after 5pm everyone who was out at work had arrived home and if you live in a street where all houses are VM customers if they all switch on at the same time signal degradation) would happen. Personally I thought that was a piece of BS don’t fall for the switch this off and on BS either there is no way you should need to switch your equipment off everyday. Call back and tell them you want an engineer to come out and find out what is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dgmackenzie_uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, been OK since with no issues (touch woo) so hoping jsut a temporary blip as my service to be fair to Virgin has been pretty reliable over the years I have been with them.

0 Kudos