Menu
Mundo13
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Boxsets - next episode

I'm not sure if I'm being completely stupid. But when watching boxsets either on demand or when saved in my shows. Is there any way to show what episodes have been watched? Or for it to show next episode. I find at present I constantly have to remember where I am up to when watching series. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boxsets - next episode

The easiest way is to create bookmarks in "my shows" for all the series you want to watch. As you watch each episode, delete the bookmark.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mundo13
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. That's a pretty manual way of doing things. And something that seems very simple virgin seem to have overlooked. Having come from sky where this is just standard it's quite annoying having to remember where you are up to on multiple series at once. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was of the understanding that bookmarking VOD assets was of the TiVo/V6 USPs.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q-Ideas/Bookmarks/idi-p/3084918 would seem to suggest it is (for SkyQ at least), unless it's been introduced since May 2020, in which case fair cop.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mundo13
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I dont want to bookmark a point of the show. I just want it to say "watched" or "part watched" next to an episode in a series so that when I go into a show I know where I am upto. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any VOD programme you stop part-way through, will be listed under Home > OnDemand > Continue watching

Bookmarks are a rather useful feature, putting a VOD programme straight into your "My shows" folder rather than having to navigate around the EPG for them. You can bookmark entire series, too.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to reply to my own post, but the edit window has expired and it's just occurred to me....

Sky VOD often operates as a "download & play" facility as they have no means of guaranteeing your broadband speed can reliably support streaming.

Virgin's VOD doesn't have this issue and is genuine "On Demand".

0 Kudos