Menu
shireenal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Black & white old movies

Anyone know if there is a dedicated black & white old movies channel? Mainly American old B & W movies? Or if one can subscribe to such a channel to view on Virgin TV?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black & white old movies

Hello

There is nothing like that available on Virginmedia I am afraid.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
daveoc
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes there is a channel and it's free---Talking Pictures. Most of the films are British but they have a decent splattering of American ones as well.

Go to 'Movies' on the tv guide and it's listed there.

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I already knew about the Talking Pictures channel. Unfortunately I find that the black and white movies shown are more B and C series movies. Hardly any of the iconic B & W old films. Rarely featuring any A class actors. Very little American oldies that made headlines at the time they were released. So all in all very poor B & W old movies representation.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shireenal,

Depending which set top box you have, you could always open the Pluto TV app and have a look at the channels and on demand in there.

press-releases/virgin-media-adds-pluto-tv-app 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
shireenal
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info. I will check it for sure.

0 Kudos