Menu
philm87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bill increasing massively after being told it won't

I received an email on 4th August fro Virgin Media entitled "A Little Good News", and stating "We want to let you know that, even though your minimum term or introductory discount is coming to an end, you won’t see any other price rise in 2020. You don’t need to do anything, and we’ll be in touch about your contract or introductory offer soon.".

I've had no contact at all from Virgin media since then, and have just received a massively increased bill due to be debited on 8th October!!! Who do I contact to sort this out?

Thanks. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill increasing massively after being told it won't

Hello

If you read it again it actually refers to the anual RPI increase, the key part of the email says "any other price rise", which means the end of contract price rise is still put in place.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
philm87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mike, it says they'd be in contact about my contract/introductory offer.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Then I am afraid as it a account issue they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The increased bill probably was them getting in touch!

As @DJ_Shadow1966 said, your introductory period has ended and now you are expected to start paying the full price. Your only real recourse is to call customer services and select the option to 'thinking of leaving us' and see if you can't negotiate a new (cheaper) 12 or 18 month contract. One thing though, if you do threaten to leave, then you absolutely have to be prepared to go through with it and find another supplier as there's every chance VM will simply say 'OK then, sorry you want to leave, all of your services will be cut off in 30 days - bye!'

0 Kudos
philm87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I got fed up with Virgin last year but stuck with them as I got a great deal when BT contacted them to switch over the phone line, but this has pushed me further away and think I will just go with BT/Sky instead.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, when your most important issue is to keep charges low, you have to seek new customer pricing elsewhere.

philm87
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah the price is pretty important to me as I don't really make the most of the TV package, so if it goes over a certain amount I'd rather cancel.

0 Kudos