Menu
Jov7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Big Bundle Missing Advertised Channels

I helped switch my Grandmother from Sky TV to Virgin Media in August and chose the Big Bundle TV package after reviewing the included channels on the Virgin Media website. On the Virgin Media website the Big Bundle TV package included the channels Sky One & BT Sport and this was confirmed by the sales team when I completed the order via the phone. However when the box was installed these channels were not available. I called to report this and was advised that these channels are not included in this package even though the website clearer stated otherwise! I was told my Grandmother would need to pay extra for these channels which I declined and I asked to log a complaint as this is false advertising. (When I was put through to the complaints team the call was "mysteriously" disconnected.)

Looking at the forums I can see numerous people have the same issue and were mis sold packages due to false advertising, has anyone been provided which the correct channels without paying extra?

FYI - looking today I can see the channels available in each Virgin TV package have been modified from when I originally ordered.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big Bundle Missing Advertised Channels

@Jov7 wrote:

I helped switch my Grandmother from Sky TV to Virgin Media in August and chose the Big Bundle TV package after reviewing the included channels on the Virgin Media website. On the Virgin Media website the Big Bundle TV package included the channels Sky One & BT Sport and this was confirmed by the sales team when I completed the order via the phone. However when the box was installed these channels were not available. I called to report this and was advised that these channels are not included in this package even though the website clearer stated otherwise! I was told my Grandmother would need to pay extra for these channels which I declined and I asked to log a complaint as this is false advertising. (When I was put through to the complaints team the call was "mysteriously" disconnected.)

Looking at the forums I can see numerous people have the same issue and were mis sold packages due to false advertising, has anyone been provided which the correct channels without paying extra?

FYI - looking today I can see the channels available in each Virgin TV package have been modified from when I originally ordered.

If the big bundle has over 110 channels it is now as far as I can see called Mixit Tv and Sky One And BTSports are not available on that pack since I removed VM Tv this year they have changed there Tv packs. When I had VM Tv BTSports was only available on the Full house pack other than that you had to pay for it as a stand alone addition.There have been quite a few complaints about this type of misinformation recently. The only thing I can say if you are still inside the 14 day cooling off period and you are not happy call and cancel.

0 Kudos