Menu
jdmoore31
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for Netflix account I don’t have

Hi.

I received my latest bill today and noticed I’m suddenly being charged £11.99 for Netflix. Ive never registered for Netflix via Virgin, I don’t even have TV from Virgin. 

Phoned Virgin and was told to contact Netflix. Spent an hour on the phone with a very helpful Netflix advisor, but they told me Virgin have to cancel the subscription on my account.

Can anyone from Virgin actually solve this for me???? Not happy paying for a Netflix subscription I don’t have!!!

0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for Netflix account I don’t have

Hi

Please post up a photo of your invoice, covering any personal details. Netflix £11.99 should be charged by Netflix and not by Virgin Media so I have no clue why they sent you here.
0 Kudos
jdmoore31
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

You can have the option to pay for Netflix via your Virgin Media bill. I’ve never opted for this as I have a Netflix subscription through Sky. 

I only use Virgin for broadband and phone, but as you can see in the photo....I’m all of a sudden being charged for Netflix

839D4553-3B90-484B-8007-5276ACC1F780.jpeg

0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi does look like the case, are you sure that no kids or other family members have signed up without your knowledge? Do unsubscribe now too. I'm not sure how you sign up to this either but have a look into it but u shuld be able to get money back if 100% no one checked the box?

0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Received-an-email-charging-me-for-Netflix-I-DO-NOT-HA... Check this thread says that someone can sign up without your consent with another email
0 Kudos
louij2
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and last thing you could do if all fails is ring the bank and do a charge back on Virgin based on fraud/hack.

Seeing multiple threads with the same issue, typical that the security on the Virgin platforms are terrible, with awful password requirements no wonder people are getting hacked

jdmoore31
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Could someone at Virgin Media look into this please.

Second month in a row, a Netflix subscription has been added to my Virgin account. How on earth is this even possible. It's clearly not an isolated problem as their are plenty of people on here that seem to have the problem.

I'm no longer in contract with Virgin. If it's not sorted ASAP I will be leaving Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdmoore31,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're still having this issue.

I will private message you so we can take a look at this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Mantelope
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

same thing with me. Virgin have charged me £8.99 for past 3 months for Netflix but I dont have a netflix account. Ive been chasing virgin since 15th Jan 2020 and when I do eventually get through to someone, they just fob me off. yesterday they told me to ring Netflix, and I said ok but i knew i would be coming back to virgin media cos they are the one billing for it.

sure enough, i was messaging Netflix service centre today and none of my emails are registered on their system and told me to go back to virgin virgin (see i told you). now i cant get through to virgin.

seriously, how hard is it to remove Netflix off my virgin account and refund me £27?1 Thieving cowboys!

0 Kudos
jdmoore31
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a complete shambles. I've had this problem since November 2019. 

I've managed to get the charge removed and refunded twice by Virgin, but you just have to hope you get through to someone who knows what they are doing. When they remove the charge it just gets re-applied the following month, every other time I've been told to contact Netflix. 

Virgin obviously have a huge problem with security/data protection, just look at the amount of people on here who have the same problem. Virgin just say you must have signed up through Tivo or My Virgin Media.......Virgin are either incompetent or just don't want to admit there is a problem.

I've once again received my latest bill and it's got a £11.99 netflix subscription on it 😡

0 Kudos