Menu
Landlord1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bedroom Netflix

I'm a Landlord with Basic Broadband and TV package set up in my 3 bed semi. The main box and router are in the living room and a tenant wants to have Netflix in a bedroom on a new Smart TV she's buying. How can this be done?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bedroom Netflix

She can put the wifi password into her smart tv so it gets internet

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bedroom Netflix

Heya,

The "simple" solution would be to make sure that the room in question can get reliable enough WiFi to support whatever streaming app it is that your tenant wants to use, and that their smart TV has the app in question. Connect the TV to the WiFi, load the app and off you go.

The Virgin Media solution would be to use multiroom, where the additional VM box (TiVo or V6) can use all the TV channels and OnDemand services that your existing box does, and also stream programmes between the two boxes. There will be an install/activation cost for this second box, and a per-month charge to replicate your existing package on that second box. There's more info on VM multiroom here - costs do vary depending on your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos