Menu
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport

My BT sport was cancelled due to the COVID 19 Issues 
I was given a refund last month.

I note some BT Sport live TV is being shown since the start of the Bundesliga. I don’t watch any football let alone from Germany.

I have had no information from VM BT Sport charges are to resume and one cannot look at future bills.

When will charges be re-instated? I hope not until ALL BT Sport broadcasts resume in particular MOTO GP which is all I watch on it?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport

sounds abit unfair to get a discount for the channel when one thing you want to watch isn;t on.

What about the millions of other people that have BT sport included in packages but never watch it and have no interest in it.
They have been subsidizing the cost of the channel for you and other for years.

Can everyone that doesn't watch BT sports have the discount for ever?
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From recollection YOU think everything's unfair if it doesn't suit you. (My apologies it wasn't you it was ERNIE_C.)

Try to look at this another way if you are able but I have doubts about that.

I pay for BT sport just to view Moto GP.

I don't mind paying and do pay the full price, it isn't reduced just for me/my choices nor do I expect it to be, its not everyone elses fault I only like that particular sport and no other sport broadcast on those channels.

Does that help put a different perspective on this?

AND VM have cancelled as did Sky Sports.  I didn't ask they offered. You had better ask them or complain to them and not on here to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

are you paying for it? or is it part of your package?

And trust me they will read this and i complain to them a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Of course I was paying for it, they have since Covid 19 reduced my package costs by refunding £9.25 I think it was but I'm not sure what period of time that covers the bill isn't clear.  When I originally asked for it as an addition some time ago they simply upgraded my TV package to Full House and told me BT sport was inclusive with Full House I had no idea about that, it cost I think, at that time from memory £5 pm extra to upgrade. Quite happy with that even though I only watch MOTO GP.

No problems with them reading my comments either.  My contract is up 16 June 2020 so its time now to look at some other changes elsewhere too.

Take it you are aware of this:-

http://www.virginmedia.com/pausesports

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

already pauses.
You miss my point 🙂

People are allowed to pause BT sport because there is no live sport.
By point is what about the rest of the time when people have to pay for BT sport that never watch it/want it. Its part of the top package so everyone has to pay for it even if they don't want it

Some people have been paying for bT sport without using it at all
0 Kudos
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Point now locked onto.  BT sport is not part of Full House as a pack. It’s bolted on. I was getting Full House without it before they added it in and charged another £5 pm.

But that’s their fault surely if customers who do get it are missing the point and I agree if VM are effectively ‘misselling’. Suppose lots of channels I take I don’t even like at but they’re in a package as non premium channels
As I say I was quite happy to pay full whack for BT sport and if I watched it via my caster on my EE mobile service it would cost £12 pm. No idea how much Sky charge to piggy back it. And I’m not interested as I bet it’s even more. 
Will VM comment?

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BT sport is definitely not a bolt on. You cannot just opt out of it, you have to downgrade your package.

I am currently have the Full House package and it's is part of it, it cannot be removed without me reducing my package. Trust me, if I could remove it I would, but I can't without losing channels I want. That's the way it works and probably always will.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media paid BT 6 million £ to add BT Sports in the first 3 years as part of the XL package (that became Full House). Anyone wanting it separately had to pay £15 a month for it as a premium channel, so it was in VMs interests to sell it to customers as part of Full House to recoup their outlay.

There were many complaints on this forum at the time from non-sports fans, particularly when the prices were hiked up the following Autumn.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/BT-Sport-Europe-HD-amp-XL-TV-Update/ba-p/2843866

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can only say we had Full House. I called to add BT Sport. I was told I could ‘add’ that for £5 pm. Which I did.
You can opt out just as I opted in and I have see my post. 
It is shown in the channel guide as a ‘selected option’.

I will opt back in when I see the channels I want

0 Kudos