Menu
WifeyB
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport sound

The sound on the BT Sport recording is really really annoying. We record all of the premiership rugby and for the last few weeks the sound has been terrible, cutting out every 30 seconds or so. 
Live TV is fine, and it’s only on these recordings. Please help as this is making the games unwatchable....

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport sound

Hi WifeyB,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointing to hear that you're having sound issues on your recordings with us.

Can we ask if this is just on the BT sports recordings or any recordings in your list?

Have you made sure all the cables are secure at he back of the box and has a reboot helped any of he sound issues at all?

Please can you come back to us and let us know so we can help you further.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
WifeyB
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

Its just on the BT Sport channels, everything else is ok! 

How do I reboot?

Thanks

Hannah

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Michelle. Glad to hear that it is only on the BT recordings, this is very strange how it only happens on the on these recording and no others.

To reboot your box, all you need to do is switch it off on the power button. You can locate this on the left hand side of your box.

Leave it for 30 seconds then switch it back on. It will go through the loading process which will take a few minutes, once your back up and running try playing your recordings again and let us know if you still have the same issue.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
JTLatics2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I've got this same problem. Recordings on BT Sport Ultimate... The sound dipping off for a second or two, every few minutes.

It doesn't seem to happen when viewing it live or on recordings from the normal BT Sport HD channels. It's just the Ultimate channel.

I've tried restarting the box and have checked the cables etc.

All other recordings and channels are fine.

It seems like there are a few threads on this issue but I'm not sure if it's resolved on a case-by-case basis or whether it's still being looked into...?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch with us JTLatics2020 and sorry to hear that you've had issues with the sound on BT sport recordings.

I have been able to locate your account and can see no issues with the power levels for your TV, I have now passed this onto our second line faults team, who will be in touch with you soon to discuss this further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
WifeyB
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can I have an update on this please?

Back to watching the rugby and the sound is still shocking.... can this please be fixed?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi WifeyB,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I'm terribly sorry to see that you've been experiencing audio drop outs.

I've been able to look at the outages in your local area and have been advised the below. Sadly there doesn't appear to be an estimated fix time or date.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

BT Sport Ultimate: Audio Drops out when pausing or rewinding live TV on channel 531 and also on recordings.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
WifeyB
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So we are expected to pay full price for a service that doesn’t work?

The recordings are pointless as we cannot watch them with the broken audio. 
Other people that have replied to MY thread have been transferred to the audio team to look at the faults, but I haven’t even had a response from virgin until I chased again. 
Good job we’re out of contract as we’ll look to move elsewhere

Hannah

0 Kudos