Menu
nickwilson1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport sound problems

Sometimes when watching BT sport the sound has an intermittent problem. Approximately every 30 seconds the sound will cut out for about half a second. The particular problem doesn’t seem to matter which BT Sport channel I’m on. For example, watching sport on 528 BTSport2HD, switching to 531 BTSport4KUHD has the same problem. 

Melissa_F
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport sound problems

Hi nickwilson1234,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you, are you still experiencing these issues?

If so, can you please check the cables are secure from both the TV and the set top box, and then remove from the set top box for 2 seconds then reinsert.

If this doesn't help, please pop me a private message so I can look in to this further.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
teepee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting exactly the same problem. I recorded the west ham v man city game on bt sport ultimate live and the sound completely goes for minutes at a time. I have seen on BT sites that this has been a problem. Nothing to do with the Vplus box

SilverSurfer9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. When viewing a recording of BT Sport Ultimate, the sound keeps cutting out every few seconds, sometimes for as long as 20 seconds - very annoying. All other channels are ok live and recorded

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Issue with BT Sport Ultimate, but BT Sport 1 HD was fine.

gerrymc66
Joining in
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem yesterday and today. I recorded the Arsenal v Burnley match on bt ultimate and the keeps cutting out or stuttering. I thought it was a one off but done a test recording in the same channel today with the same outcome.

MenaceF1
Joining in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Exact same problem here.

its fine when watching live, only a problem playing back a recording and seems to be limited to BT Sport Ultimate (ie UHD content).

Come on Virgin, you have the exact same issue now reported by multiple customers. Can you escalate this please? It’s clearly a software issue of some kind. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi MenaceF1,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the delayed reply.

Are you still having service issues? Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MenaceF1
Joining in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I just tried Saturday’s Premier League match on BT sport, and the sound was fine in that.

Is it fixed for others on this thread too?

Did Virgin or BT make any changes to fix this? Or has it just magically fixed itself? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Good game wasn't it 🙂

Glad to hear all fixed as well. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos