Menu
Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer

Watching catch up on BBC iPlayer is getting to be a frustrating experience as it has a tendency to start buffering and end with an error message (C130). This requires me to go through all the checks, switch the tv box off and on and, with luck, I can then resume watching the programme. This is still happening despite the tv box being changed a few days ago. The engineers who visited suggested that the problem may lie with the BBC app. If so, has VM been in contact with the BBC to try and resolve this issue? It would appear that some members of the community also have the same problem. I wonder if Sky subscribers have this issue? If so, can you please share this with us?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC iplayer

Are you using a TiVo box or V6? The advice does differ depending which one.

V6 uses a connection to your broadband hub for internet, the TiVo has 10Mb/s inbuilt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure; I’ll have to check.

0 Kudos
Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’m using a Tivo box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which rules out a problem with the connection between your box & broadband hub.

It's well known that the iPlayer is quite slow to load on the TiVo boxes, but I have one and use iPlayer once or twice a week - it's fine once loaded and plays perfectly smoothly... so there's certainly no national issue.

C130 is usually an error with the box losing connection to the VM servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ll flag this up with VM.
0 Kudos
sandywarr
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

getting hugely frustrated at being completely unable to watch bbc I player through my tiro box... drops into buffering about every three seconds and has been doing so for days --- every other service working fine.. so its not a switching on and off issue ( although we have done that a few times ) 

is anyone else having this issue??

Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, been having this problem for almost 3 years. Same problems with Netflix so I’ve unscribed.
0 Kudos
Lingteo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I mean ‘unsubscribed’.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey sandywarr,

I've had a look at your TiVo Box details using the information we have on here and there appears to be a local fault in your area for Signal Noise Ratio (SNR). This will affect the internet based Apps such as BBC iPlayer and Netflix and the estimated fix time is 01/09. I'm sorry about this but our Team is working on a fix and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos