Menu
roxeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC IPlayer very slow

BBC IPlayer is very slow starting to play a program (and is sometimes flashing on and off after the start of the program).  Why is this and can anything be done (by Virgin Media).  Other sources of programmes load OK.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC IPlayer very slow

Hi Roxeth, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with BBC iplayer, is this slow when using it on a different device? Such as a tablet, ps4 or laptop?

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TiVo box or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roxeth
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zoie,

Don't have a tablet or PS4.  Getting a programme to start with Virgin Media is far slower than with my computer.  There's a great deal; of buffering and flashing of screens - even after a programme has started.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@roxeth 

Check my previous post for a picture of the 2 versions of TV box VM currently have. If you've got a TiVo box, then although it's quite capable of running the iPlayer app, it's not the quickest by any stretch.

If you have Virgin broadband, and have had your current package for a while, I would recommend looking at a swapout to the V6 box which is much quicker at handling all apps, including the iPlayer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos