Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Audio issues on Pick channel 165

For the last 3 weeks I have noticed audio issues when I either watch live or record The Good Doctor on Pick channel 165 (Wednesdays 9pm). The audio randomly breaks up and goes on and off and was it not for the subtitles the whole programme would be unwatchable. Has anyone else experienced this? It does not occur on any other channel [as far as I know]. Like I say this seems to have started about 3 weeks ago. The first two occasions I noticed was when I watched the programme back on my V6 but tonight I watched the programme live and it was the same. The box has also been rebooted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio issues on Pick channel 165

Hi spears8471,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you have been having issues. Is this only occurring on this programme on Pick or is it constantly occurring on Pick at any time?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I also noticed an issue with this a few days ago.

I don't use the channel very often so don't know what its been like since. Seems similar to an issue that occurred with some of the BBC HD channels a couple of years ago, which turned out to be related to the uncompressed feed from the broadcaster.

I may well keep an eye in this, & also see if the same issue is occurring on Pick HD via Freesat.

I will post any findings back on this thread.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Cheers nodrogd,

Having a look at PICK now and not seeing any audio issues also running remote diagnostics haven't turned up anything, so far.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Not sure. I will record another programme & see what happens and let you know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Just joined. I have been having the same issues, both on live tv and recordings. The programmes which have been effected for me are The Good Doctor at 9pm and earlier at 6pm Star Trek Next Generation. Very often so bad no sound at all. Thank goodness for sub-titles

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post venice1952 and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the sound on these particular TV shows. 

Just to confirm, are these programmes both shown on the same channel when you experience these sound issues?

Are there any other channels you have sound issues with? 

Kindest regard,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Corey_C - would you be able to record next weeks episode and watch it back to see if it happens for you? The Good Doctor is the only programme I currently watch on Pick. I have occasionally watched other programmes scheduled in that slot but haven't noticed any issues in the past with other programmes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to Corey_C

We can attempt to record the show on our boxes at home, however, if this is deemed to be an area issue this would not be applicable to set top boxes that are installed in other parts of the UK.

I have discovered this was in fact recognised as an outage today:

F008196052 - Customers may experience Audio drop-outs on The Good Doctor" On Pick

Opened on 04-JUL-2020 13:31.57 and estimated fix date of 09-JUL-2020 09:00

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David. I'll keep an eye on this weeks ep.

Shaun

0 Kudos