Menu
garypearson68
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apps, on demand and catch up continually stop working, getting a message not avaible try again later.

I keep losing connection when watching any apps, on demand or catch up, get a message. Not currently available try again later. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps, on demand and catch up continually stop working, getting a message not avaible try again later.

On a Tivo or V6?  Or just on a smart TV with no VM TV box?

If a V6 how is it connected to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
garypearson68
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps, on demand and catch up continually stop working, getting a message not avaible try again later.

We have a main box with router next to it connected by cable but then 3 x v6 multi room boxes using WiFi. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And on which boxes is the problem evident? Is the cable connected one OK and the wifi ones not?

How is you BB connection performing on other devices, phones, laptops, tablets, computers etc - and how are they connected ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
garypearson68
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It happens on all boxes but seems more frequent on the 3 other rooms, BB seems OK on other devices but apps seem to take forever to load up, only other thing I can think of is phone line is not working, not a major issues as we use mobiles but unsure if this could be linked to the problem. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What Hub model is it?

Obvious thing to do first is to switch the whole lot off and unplug it and leave it 15 minutes. Then restart the Hub and wait 10' till it is up and stable and check its connected OK on a phone laptop etc.
Then switch the V6's on and they should reboot and all remake their network connections.
See if that sorts them.

If phone is not working it may well be a network connection issue as it isnt connecting - but you said other devices arent affected - they should be !

Can you give us some more data by doing this....

First do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

Also, in the meantime. Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
garypearson68
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That sounds quite complicated for my skill set, I'll ask a mate if they can do it for me - thanks. 

0 Kudos