Menu
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apps & Games failure

for the past few weeks some episodes of Emmerdale have not been available in catch up. so i have had to watch it from the ITV hub in the apps & games section. this usually takes at least two attempts and a reboot because the app keeps failing. tonight it was the Friday episode of coronation street. not available in catch up and just after the first set of adverts the app failed. the missing episodes seem to be the ones that need a pin to view because they have scenes that some viewers may find upsetting. no doubt VM and  ITV will blame each other and nothing will be done to investigate and resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps & Games failure

Is it only the ITV app you're having problems with?

Out of interest, is there any reason you don't record the programmes you regularly watch?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yes it is just the ITV app. the only other one I use is the BBC iPlayer which works fine. I have now set a series link for the ITV programmes, but series links have failed in the past so its not the best solution.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@petersladdie wrote:

yes it is just the ITV app. the only other one I use is the BBC iPlayer which works fine. I have now set a series link for the ITV programmes, but series links have failed in the past so its not the best solution.

On the contrary I'd suggest - series links are probably the most reliable way to record the programmes you want to watch.

If you have issues with series links, post the details in a new thread and we can probably assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos