Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Apps Incredibly slow in Tivo Box

Hi

Can anyone help? My apps such as IPlayer, ITVHub, Netflix and YouTube are incredibly slow, so much so, I am now unable to watch. The content buffers regularly throughout and the picture on YouTube has become distorted. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. I have had the same Tivo box for 7 years. Internet connection speed is really good so don't understand what the problem is. I have been through the help section but getting in contact with someone to explain the problem is very difficult and time consuming and I am passed around on chat, giving up after 5 hours.

Any advice or help on here would be very much appreciated!

Claire 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps Incredibly slow in Tivo Box

Your internet connection for devices like smart TV/computers/laptops/phones etc comes from the Hub and you say that is fine.

The Tivo (but not V6) connects to the internet via it own inbuilt modem down the coax cable. So it could be there where the issue lays. Are all other TV services - that dont require an internet connection (i.e. usual TV channels) working fine and its just online content that is a problem?

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

A VM person should also pick this up on here and respond, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps Incredibly slow in Tivo Box

Hi John

Thanks!

Yes, all other TV services are working fine so that could be the issue.

Thanks so much for your advice! I will also text that number and hope for the best. 

Claire 

0 Kudos