Menu
Alloycat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Appalling customer service

I must say, I'm not one to stay with any network, done sky tv done bt TV, I must say virgin has to be the worst customer service ever. Having box recording issues trying to sort in on chat.....I fully realise it is not live? I have been getting responses 1 to 2 hrs then when I get one I get a I am now on break? Then it's another 1 or 2 hour interval? Then I get logged out then get asked to put in security again by some other nonse? wth.........sky here I come again.....

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling customer service

@Alloycat What are the issues you're having? Is it something we can try to help with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alloycat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

My box runs live TV fine. Unfortunately I'm in work all day so have most things recording.

All recordings freeze after a minute or two then the box restarts to the welcome screen? I have done a full reset in the settings it has changed nothing. I have had no response from the tech dept although I keep getting promises some one will 😂

Tia

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That sounds awfully like a hard drive that, if it's not failing already, is well on the way.

I don't disbelieve what you've been told, but that shouldn't need a tech calling back to realise.

Do you have a TiVo or a V6, out of interest?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Alloycat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I thought hdd. It's a V6 two months old. I get virgin are busy and short staffed like all companies I will not ring as to me it is not important it's just TV. But an hour or too for messages is appalling. I'm going back to sky they answered straight away with a good deal. It's a shame because the broadband is ok.....

Thanks for the info much appreciated 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

See, I'd look at it the other way than "I won't ring it's just TV".

VM can sometimes have a culture with single user faults that if the affected customer doesn't chase a fault, neither will they. And in some respects, why should they.

You're paying for a service so if you don't report faults with it, then VM can't really be blamed for not fixing them....

0 Kudos
Alloycat
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quite the opposite I think if they can't be bothered to help customers fix problems with the equipment etc it's appalling what are they there for? And I've stopped paying for the TV as they can't bothered to fix it, The box is getting sent back after two months 👍 😂

0 Kudos
Matesse
Just joined
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep thats about right.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin don't fix faults that are reported, then absolutely fair cop.

If customers suffer in silence and don't report issues - which does happen - then how Virgin can be blamed for that is beyond me.

0 Kudos