Menu
Dovey60
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone actually suspended sky sports?

Hi, having filled in the required form some time ago my bill keeps rising. Has anyone actually had their Sky Sports paused yet and had a bill reduction? 
thanks. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone actually suspended sky sports?

Yes, I have a credit showing in the 'recent charges' section of the account, which will be deducted from the next bill. The Sky Sports channels continue as expected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should get a confirmation email telling you that credits have been set up. Bear in mind that this is a manual process & filling in the request only forwards your details to CS to be changed. These are being done in batches on a daily basis so it may take a while before you are notified.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

hardboiled
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel just about everything but "Cannot" get through on the phone  and I'm not waiting an hour. Can't change anything on line. This is bloody deliberate.

0 Kudos
hardboiled
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nope, haven't been sent anything. What a poor show.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@hardboiled wrote:

I want to cancel just about everything but "Cannot" get through on the phone  and I'm not waiting an hour. Can't change anything on line. This is bloody deliberate.

Even if you could do it online it would still require a CS agent to manually update the system, which again is taking days or even weeks. VM have lost all their offshore capacity & are franticly trying to recruit 500 new UK staff to fill the vacuum at the UK call centres. That is why you can't get through. Its not deliberate. Its just an economic decision to offshore jobs that has now backfired on them.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dovey60

Thanks for your post 

Sorry you have had to contact us about the above issue. 

The channels you have paused will still show its just the payment side of things that stops

As this is automated it will more than likely be the current bill will still show the cost as its been produced already. 

I can assure you though the direct debit amount will have the reductions taken off.

Sorry for any confusion this is causing you. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Dovey60
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Further to my initial question regarding pausing sky Sports. Virgin emailed me shortly afterwards to inform me things were in hand. Thanks for all your replies. 
much appreciated 

0 Kudos