Menu
g0akc
Rising star
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Any changes coming for PIN requirement?

I find it very annoying to have to enter a PIN to watch On Demand content such as episodes of Chicago PD (Sky On Demand) if we're watching before 9PM or 10PM.

As reported here and elsewhere: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Remove-PIN-Requirement/m-p/3922067/highlight/true...

There are no kids in the house and we don't currently have any visit.

The PIN requirement is turned off in settings on our V6 box for purchases and parental controls.

Any news on when this will get changed please?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any changes coming for PIN requirement?

It will not be changed. If you read the linked post you referred too, OFCOM are EXTENDING the scope of the ruling to additional channels & content in the future as means for broadcasters to transmit more adult material out of watershed.

Mandatory Daytime Protection is here to stay, & we will all have to get used to it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks